Our Student Advisory Service is addressed to everyone who studies physics or is interested in doing so.
Our advice is individual, activating and reliable.
What we offer:
- Orienting advice considering physics as a study course for pupils in grade 10 to 13
- Advice at the start of the course for pupils in grade 13 and first-year students
- Advice considering the new (and old) curricula and the examination regulations for all Bachelor and Master programmes
- Advice for students of other faculties about offers in physics as a subsidiary subject
- Advice about studying techniques and study progress
- Advice for students who want to change their study programme or switch to Ruhr-Universität Bochum from another university and the associated recognition of course achievements
- Advice and help for specific concerns of foreign students
- Advice and mediation of contacts for recommendatory letters for scholarships, stays abroad and financial support (BAföG)
- Advice for teachers about the faculty’s offers for pupils, e.g. laboratory courses and mentoring of science projects (Facharbeiten)
Contact our Advisors
We want to make it easy for you to find your way while studying at our faculty. That’s why our advisors are almost always available for a personal meeting.
Dr. Meyer: Advisor for the Bachelor programme
Dr. Möller: Advisor for the Master and PhD programmes
Prof. Dr. Krabbe: Temporary advisor for the Master of Education
Dr. Feldbauer: Advisor for the M.Sc. Medical Physics