Welcome to the Service Centre School Contacts!
The Service Center School Contacts is the central contact point for schools and teachers in the Faculty of Physics and Astronomy at the Ruhr-Universität Bochum. The dean's office, the chair for didactics of physics and the student advisors of the faculty are involved.
The Service Centre School Contacts coordinates the ongoing cooperation of the faculty with schools in the vicinity of the Ruhr-Universität. Our goals:
- To promote the attractiveness and quality of physics teaching.
- Awakening children's and young people's enthusiasm for physics at an early age.
- to provide student teachers with a practical education.
Current faculty offerings for schools and teachers can be conveniently sent to them by joining our mailing list.
Our offers and interests
Our offers for schools and teachers
- Events for career guidance and study guidance
- Consultation of subject conferences
- Further training for teachers on new teaching concepts and current topics in physics
- Lending of materials and equipment for teaching purposes
- School-specific projects at Alfried Krupp School Lab of Science
- Cooperation agreements with schools
Our interests in cooperation with you
- Practical elements in the career exploration for student teachers at schools
- Independent projects carried out by student teachers
- Development partnerships with teachers and schools within the framework of subject didactic research
Our offers for your students
- Support for student research projects (e.g. for Jugend forscht, GYPT, freestyle-physics)
- Carrying out of specialized work, student practicals, laboratory tours
- Pupil project weeks in the school holidays
- Regular meeting place for young researchers at the GYPT Centre Bochum
There are many information events for students who are thinking about studying at RUB, especially at the beginning of each year. Students receive information on various topics, for example:
- Start of studies
- The right choice of subjects
- Financing options
Students can also actively get to know university life and attend events before they start their studies. More information is availablehere.
In addition, students can contact our advisor Dr. Dirk Meyer at any time for advice on studying physics at the RUB.